Irish Farthing Coin Necklace
The Irish Farthing Coin Necklace is a unique and beautiful piece of jewellery that pays homage to Ireland's history and culture. Farthing coins were in circulation in Ireland from the 13th to the 20th century, and they were typically the smallest denomination of currency.
Wearing an Irish farthing coin necklace is a way to connect with Ireland's rich history and to showcase your appreciation for Irish culture.
This necklace is 18ct gold plated sterling silver.
Irish Penny Coin Necklace is also available
We want you to fall in love with your purchase but if for any reason you are not entirely satisfied, we offer a 14 day returns policy, from the date you receive your order.
- Your return must be in perfect condition and in its original packaging.
- For hygiene and health and safety reason, we cannot offer returns on earrings, either for refund or exchange.
- We do not offer refunds, returns or exchanges on Sale items.
- We recommend you post your return via registered mail and accept no responsibility for any deliveries lost or damaged.
- The cost of post to return items is the customers responsibility.
- Once we receive your return we will process your refund/exchange.
Please post returns to Ór Jewellery, 42 William St, Galway, Ireland.
We want your jewellery to look as stunning as the day you got it but with regular wear, care is required to keep it in good condition.
Wearing Your Jewellery
- Remove Jewellery During Tasks – When performing manual tasks, remove your jewellery to prevent physical damage or exposure to chemicals or cleaning fluids.
- Put Jewellery on After Applying Makeup – Cosmetics, hairspray, perfumes and lotions contain chemicals that can damage jewellery.
- Remove Jewellery Before Entering Swimming Pools and Spas – Chlorinated water can react with the metals found in jewellery causing colour changes and tarnish.
- Contact Sports and Jewellery Don’t Mix – Apart from potential damage to your jewellery, it is dangerous if items get caught or entangled.
Cleaning Your Jewellery
- Remove Your Jewellery Before Bathing – Soap can cause a film to form, making your jewellery appear dull and dirty.
- Use Jewellery Polishing Cloths for Best Results – Polish silver or gold with a jewellery polishing cloth for best results. Use of tissue or paper towels can cause scratches because of fibres in these products.
- Clean Your Jewellery with Care – Bleach can literally destroy jewellery so avoid it at all costs.
- Use Warm Water to Clean Jewellery – Using warm mild soapy water is the best option when cleaning your own jewellery, if you do not have a jewellery polishing cloth. A soft toothbrush is ideal for reaching into hard to access areas in rings.
- Tarnish is a product of oxidation, caused by interacting of silver jewellery or objects with certain elements such as oxygen or sulphur as well as with certain acids. Tarnishing on silver jewellery, when worn on a regular basis usually does not occur.
- Storage for a prolonged time causes silver jewellery to tarnish. Taking a medication that changes the acidity of your skin may also cause silver jewellery to tarnish. Cosmetics, perfume, deodorant etc can also cause tarnishing to your silver jewellery.
- To keep your silver tarnish-free, frequently clean your silver in a mild dishwashing liquid diluted in water, rinse well and then thoroughly dry your silver jewellery. Always store silver in a dry container or a plastic bag with anti-tarnish paper.
We send orders via DPD & An Post to ensure the quickest and safest way to get your order to you. We will email you once your order has been shipped and provide you with tracking information.
Ireland and Northern Ireland - Standard Free Delivery
Free standard, delivery within 3 working days once dispatched
Ireland and Northern Ireland - Tracked DPD Delivery
€8.50 delivery within 1-2 working days once dispatched
UK and Europe
€10 standard post, delivery within 3 working days once dispatched
USA and Canada
€13 standard post, between 5-7 working days once dispatched
COLLECT IN STORE FOR FREE is also an option at the check out
*Please note that some countries many have additional import duties which you are liable for.
*Pre- ordered items may take an extra 3-5 working days to be dispatched
Do you ship overseas?
Yes, we ship to Ireland, Europe, Canada and USA. Shipping costs will apply and will be added at checkout.
How long will it take to get my order?
It depends on where you are in the world. Orders for delivery within Ireland will take no more than 4 business days to arrive. Overseas deliveries can take anywhere from 5 to 7 days. Delivery details will be provided in your confirmation email.
What shipping carriers do you use?
We use all major carriers and local courier partners.
Can I return my product?
We always aim for make sure our customers love our products but if you do need to return an order, we’re happy to offer a 14 day returns policy on full priced items. Unfortunately we can not offer returns, refunds or exchanges on sale items.
In the unlikely event that you are not happy with your product, the cost of returning will have to be paid by the customer. Once we have received the returned item we will issue a refund.
Are there exceptions to what I can return?
For hygiene and health and safety reasons we cannot accept returns/refunds on earrings. The only exception would be in the case that items are faulty. We can not accept returns, refunds or exchanges on sale items.
Can I track my order?
Once we have shipped your order, we will email you a tracking number so you can keep track of your delivery